There are lot of competences needed by Start up managers, and one of the most important of them is cooperation and teamworking, defined as the process of working collaboratively with a group of people in order to achieve a work-related goal.
Teamwork is a crucial part of a business, as it is often necessary for colleagues to work well together, trying their best in any circumstance. Teamwork means that people will try to cooperate, using their individual skills and providing constructive feedback, despite any personal conflict between individuals.
Teamwork is not something that can be quickly developed or enforced; it takes time for a real team to be created. Spend some time getting to know how your team operates and you will get an idea how you can better foster teamwork.
In a first approximation, the skills than a manager has to develop within this teamwork competence are:
- Integration capacity. The integration must involve a confluence of synergies governed by a principle of effectiveness, since the objectives of the team are more than the simple sum of individual goals.
- Interpersonal communication. The achievement of the team’s objectives will be seen conditioned not only by the ability to share knowledge, but also by the predisposition to listen and accept other points of view.
- The work teams must reach an optimal level of confidence and cohesion for its correct operation. For this, an integration is not enough mechanics of the individuals but that the different personal skills should be compatible.
- Ability to get encultured knowledge. Ability to take advantage of knowledge and individual skills for the empowerment of group knowledge as well as the recognition of group goals.
- Responsibility and compromise. The individual must take responsibility for the tasks entrusted by the team and commit to the result of group work.
- Decision making and time management. For the team to work effectively its components must dominate decision-making processes and timing of the objectives.
To promote teamwork, you must address several critical issues:
- For starters, you should open the lines of communication within the team; have a proper dialogue with them to find out more about their concerns.
- You just might hear some important issues or learn about ideas that will be beneficial to all.
- You must also engage their interest and cooperation by helping them understand what their roles are in the big picture;
- Too many workers refuse to work as part of a team because they believe that their responsibilities are insignificant and that they are mere pawns in the company’s operations.
- There must also be open communication among all of the team members in order to help them relate better with one another, thus developing trust and cooperation, as well as a strong willingness to work together.
- Team building activities will help everyone get better acquainted outside of the workplace and learn how to work well together as a result of the shared experience.
If you want to know more about cooperation and teamworking you can go to our Eurostart Training Package and learn, among other things, about:
-Communication within the team
-Implementation of the work within the team
-Cooperation with others
DON´T LOOSE THE OPORTUNITY TO ACCES TO ALL THE TRAINING PACKAGE, USSEFUL TOOLS AND MORE BIBLIOGRAPHY ABOUT THIS IMPORTANT STARTUP MANAGER COMPETENCE